Job Title: Legal Administrative Professional
Department: Staff Attorneys Office
Employment Type: Full time, non-exempt
Job Type: Administrative-Secretarial
Education: High School
Experience: Min. 2 years litigation legal administrative
Manages Others: No
Required Travel: No
Hiring Salary: $34,500 – $45,000 (annualized)
The Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One is accepting applications for a Legal Administrative Professional. This non-exempt hourly employee will perform administrative and secretarial duties for attorneys on the court’s central legal staff. Hiring salary is dependent on experience.
· Perform a full range of legal administrative and secretarial duties supporting assigned attorneys and the ongoing operations of the office.
· Answer multi-line telephone system and appropriately handle calls, routing and relaying messages.
· Produce legal documents such as correspondence, memoranda, orders, and draft decisions from verbal or written instructions, dictation, notes, rough drafts, forms, or other materials.
· Download documents from electronic case management system, combine downloaded documents, and save as case binder.
· Appropriately use e-mail to forward and distribute case materials and other documents.
· Proofread prepared materials for correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, legal citation format, syntax, and content.
· Prepare case notebooks and files.
· Establish and maintain office files.
· Schedule and maintain calendar of activities for assigned attorneys.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to understand and follow moderately complex oral and written instructions and communicate clearly, both orally and in writing. Must be able to establish and maintain working rapport with coworkers, prioritize workload, and perform accurate and concise legal administrative and secretarial work. Must be able to demonstrate advanced word processing/computer skills and conform to performance standards.
· Two (2) years of litigation legal administrative experience.
· Advanced word processing/computer skills. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat X Pro.
· Familiarity with court rules and procedures.
Resume must be received by January 8, 2016. Send to Barbara Vidal Vaught, Chief Staff Attorney, at email@example.com or to Arizona Court of Appeals Division One, 1501 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ 85007.
The Court of Appeals, Division One complies with all state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination and provides reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals as required by the ADA.
The court is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process by contacting Human Resources at (602)542-0266 as soon as the interview has been scheduled.